The Kaki King Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

let's get acquainted.

+51
cristina
Reece007
vanntro
Sajhu
bronzemaedchen
_Untitled_
ALinders
beatdown09
humpmastajoe
flojoe
therockingviking
Sitzriese
DreamingOfRevenge
Empress Ericka
Alissa
Black-pear-tree
crazyfingers
!Degausser
psyentist25
JoeyMcChipmunk
Amanda_ataxia
FlyingDream
samee
McKook
ellarich
seemsforever
goby
amanda.went.away
KittyH
plunk666
turnstile
Miso.
shecky
Ariel
NickWright
shannonrebecca
psv_1916
lila.arenas
playing_with_pink_noise
jeffhx
hailey
Light_Jak
vanivillana
kezi
Krusty
sleepykitty
Mythbuster9
sezyjane
inthisspace
.jamesAdmin
my_eric_life.
55 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

let's get acquainted. - Page 5 Empty Re: let's get acquainted.

Post  beatdown09 Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:35 am

Mythbuster9 wrote:
beatdown09 wrote:Hi my name is Bèto. I live in Fresno, CA. I love to play my guitar. I discovered Kaki last week. She is just amazing. I 've been listening to the Mexican Teenagers EP all day. It's pretty good. I need some help with what tunings Kaki uses for her songs. I'm so glad I discovered this forum. It's great!

eres de descendencia Mexicana?

Si. Mis padres son de Mexicali.
beatdown09
beatdown09

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Mythbuster9 Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:19 pm

beatdown09 wrote:
Mythbuster9 wrote:
beatdown09 wrote:Hi my name is Bèto. I live in Fresno, CA. I love to play my guitar. I discovered Kaki last week. She is just amazing. I 've been listening to the Mexican Teenagers EP all day. It's pretty good. I need some help with what tunings Kaki uses for her songs. I'm so glad I discovered this forum. It's great!

Mi papá también es de Mexicali!, pero lleva viviendo 39 años en Monterrey hahaha Very Happy
Mythbuster9
Mythbuster9

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  beatdown09 Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:38 pm

Mythbuster9 wrote:
beatdown09 wrote:
Mythbuster9 wrote:

Mi papá también es de Mexicali!, pero lleva viviendo 39 años en Monterrey hahaha Very Happy

Jaja! Laughing Que raro. How is Monterrey?
beatdown09
beatdown09

Back to top Go down

let's get acquainted. - Page 5 Empty Hallo

Post  ALinders Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:02 am

Whats up guys, I am Annie and I am a music education major currently studying in Columbia Missouri. I play jazz trumpet and have recently started to learn finger tapping on guitar and have become very passionate about it. Razz I heard Kaki King and immediately became obsessed... One of my favorite songs is solopsist and also Life Being What it Is. (Which I recently discovered includes lyrics from various notes people have written Kaki?) Anyway, my dream is to see Kaki perform.
ALinders
ALinders

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Mythbuster9 Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:53 am

beatdown09 wrote:

Jaja! Laughing Que raro. How is Monterrey?

Chilly, what about fresno? (i want to go study to cali!! anyone knows about soccer scolarships on design schools?)
Mythbuster9
Mythbuster9

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  beatdown09 Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:55 am

It's chilly here too. It's going to be raining all next week.
beatdown09
beatdown09

Back to top Go down

Post  _Untitled_ Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:21 pm

Hi everyone. Smile
My name's Michela, I'm 16, and I'm Italian. I play the guitar since I was 8, and I recently started playing with fingerpicking style.
I always loved acoustic sounds&atmospheres, and when I discovered Kaki King [it was just last year] I totally felt in love with her music. The first album I listened was Dreaming of Revenge. I was really impressed.. all clean sounds and notes came to me as a caress. Obviously I listened to the entire discography as soon as possible, and started covering her songs as I could. Very Happy
I've never seen her on stage, but next March she's performing in Rome. I Hope I'll be there!
_Untitled_
_Untitled_

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  amanda.went.away Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:06 am

Hi, Welcome!
That would be awesome to see Kaki in Rome!
amanda.went.away
amanda.went.away
Admin

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-08-11

http://www.myspace.com/8911844

Back to top Go down

Post  therockingviking Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:43 pm

gah im so jealous of all you europeans...
therockingviking
therockingviking

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-02-21

http://therockingviking.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  plunk666 Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:07 am

don't be she wont be coming to belgium so that means i'm probably not going to be able to she her Crying or Very sad
plunk666
plunk666

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2008-08-02

http://theparadox.be

Back to top Go down

Post  Sitzriese Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:50 am

@britt: you wanna SHE her? that sounds nasty Wink

I don't wanna complain. But from the 3-4 Gigs i wanted to attend I will prolly just visit one Sad sadface. And yeah luckily she's touring europe a lot and often.

back 2 topic: Hi Italy. Am i gettin this wrong or is italy gettin stronger in the forum Smile
Sitzriese
Sitzriese

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

let's get acquainted. - Page 5 Empty Re: let's get acquainted

Post  bronzemaedchen Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to Kaki, discovered her in December I think, but I've already been to two concerts: London in March and Copenhagen in April. And both times were awesome but the concert in Copenhagen was smaller and exceeded all my expectations!

My name is Jenny, I live in Sweden. I write some music of my own but.. Well, one should only compare themselves to their own potential, right?. I'm jealous of the rest of you though, who seem to have been born with guitars in your hands ;-)

And I try really hard not to listen to King's music everyday, haha.
bronzemaedchen
bronzemaedchen

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sajhu Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:40 pm

Wow, another one from Sweden. Kaki's getting famous.
have the same "problem" with not listening to Kaki, but who doesn't?

Sajhu

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2009-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post  amanda.went.away Sun May 02, 2010 2:48 am

Welcome! Very Happy
amanda.went.away
amanda.went.away
Admin

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-08-11

http://www.myspace.com/8911844

Back to top Go down

let's get acquainted. - Page 5 Empty About me

Post  vanntro Wed May 12, 2010 5:27 am

Oh god, i just wrote a whole lot about me and posted it as a new thread. Must start over..

Well, make it short this time: I'm 26. From Norway. Played the guitar for about three years, selftaught. Discovered Kaki through Tegan and Sara, and love trying to play her songs. Have had a lot of use of the tab page on this forum. Just waiting for her to give out sheet music for all her albums, will it ever happen you think?

vanntro

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Reece007 Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:21 am

G'day, I'm Reece, from Australia. I'm 16 and I've been playing guitar for nine years now.
I discovered Kaki King♥ through the movie 'Into the Wild' (she did some of the music for it) about 2 years ago. The song 'Doing the Wrong Thing' was the one that got me hooked so I learned that one. Then I discovered that she has heaps of albums! so I got those and I play them on loop constantly! Very Happy.
Right now I'm halfway through learning Goby and I can already play 'Lies' and 'Doing the Wrong Thing'.
I enjoy listening to most music with the exception of death metal, rap and country.(sub-genres included)
My guitars are looking very nice with the new strings I just put on them as the high E keeps breaking from all the alternative tunings I use. That's my one and only complaint about Kaki's♥ songs.

So, what about yourself? Razz

Reece007
Reece007

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post  cristina Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:31 pm

hi, I'm Cristina, 22, I'm from Chile... where the end of the world begins..
... it's true

Well, I was in the process of coming out and I wanted everything in my life to be gay, so I found out about Kaki on AfterEllen about the time Dreaming of Revenge came out, and spent 3 months listening to no other music than Kaki's. My best friend told me: "You only listen to her cause she's gay" and I said: "No, I found out about her cause she's gay, I listen to her cause she's AWESOME".
And then she understood why, but she's not as crazy about her as me so it's still fair to say that I'm the only Kaki fan in my city.
My dream is to see Kaki playing live before I die, as I have no money to travel God knows he can't kill me just yet.

And.. so not related, but I also have a zombie apocalyptic dream at least once a month, I swear, I never thought I'd find someone else who does too.
cristina
cristina

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraftastic Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:24 am

I'm Justin.

I'm 28, from Boston. I've been a fan of Kaki's for years and have had some of my most amazing (almost piritual) moments at Kaki shows, I've also beenhalf made fun of for asking dumb questions. (In my defense said dumb question was justified!) I think I've seen Kaki something like 14 or fifteen times in the past 7 or 8 years. The benefits of living in New England right?

Kraftastic

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-09-10

http://kraftastic.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Karls74 Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:49 am

Hi my name's Karl, I'm 36 and from the UK. Just discovered the world of Kaki King and am utterly fascinated by it. I've seen and heard loads of musical styles over the years and have to admit a penchant for older stuff from the 70's and 90's (Psychedelic rock, alternative, blues, krautrock... etc) but Kaki's sound is just amazing. Her talent is phenemenol and she writes the most beautiful, heartfelt songs I've heard for a long time. I know a lot of people weren't too sure about Junior but it is one of the few albums I 've listened to in recent years that I have to hear all the way through. Just put the headphones when you go to sleep at night and drift away ... it's immense. I do hope she tours again soon. Would love to see her play the UK.

Karls74

Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  dyer Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:01 pm

Greetings, I'm Matt, 32, and have been a fan of Kaki's since I first heard Everybody Loves You. I've been playing guitar since I was roughly 12 and have been influenced by Kaki's music greatly. I live in Connecticut (born and raised) and I recently saw Kaki live for the first time this past year up in Northampton MA. It was a long time coming, as I had missed her shows consistently for years. Needless to say, I watched with one of the biggest grin's ever. I can't wait for the next time she comes around.

Anyways, I wanted to say hey.

Hey.

dyer

Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

let's get acquainted. - Page 5 Empty Hello

Post  chr1570pher Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:13 am

Hi, I'm Chris, 25, from the UK.
Been a fan of Kaki for about 9 years. I live in London and I saw her perform at ULU, and it was great to see her after so many years as a fan!
Only just found this forum as a rather discreet listing whilst I was tracking down the Day Sleeper Ep. Thought I'd come and join some like minded people Smile

I had a flat mate earlier this year who was so amazed and excited when I mentioned Kaki King. She said normally she mentions her and nobody's heard of here. Of course, I knew that feeling!

A bit more about me:
Musician - guitar, writer - music (degree) and narrative. In talks about pitching an anti-Cowell TV show, and I have an online web comic called The Adventures of Missy Lala - if you can guess who that's about. I won't post a link as I don't know if we're allowed to. Are you?

Anyway, hello!
I look forward to chatting with people.

Chris

chr1570pher

Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum