The Kaki King Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tegan and Sara

+22
SolarPoweredJoy
P-girl
Mythbuster9
Sitzriese
Amanda_ataxia
letsworry
therockingviking
JoeyMcChipmunk
Solaris
iheartbklyn
samee
shecky
seemsforever
ellarich
plunk666
amanda.went.away
callmeCASS
shannonrebecca
Krusty
playing_with_pink_noise
my_eric_life.
.jamesAdmin
26 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Tegan and Sara - Page 5 Empty Re: Tegan and Sara

Post  P-girl Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:25 pm

yeah, i know...
there's a possibility that i still get a train, but even if i do... i also need to take the bus and they don't drive anymore at 1:30... Rolling Eyes

If i had a car, i would probably take me an hour to get there... with the bus and the train over 3h... Mad

and trains aren't the only things that suck... busses suck even harder... i have to take one every day for two hours to go to college, but they are always so full... we're literally pushed against the door... Mad

they should really change the public transport in belgium... Rolling Eyes
P-girl
P-girl

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post  oli Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:51 am

...somehow it's scary, how the girls at the tegan and sara shows all seem to look the same lately...last night two girls standing next to me asked me to get them a soda, when i was going for getting me a drink, and when i got back i must have missed the spot where i was standing before by a few meters, and i caused quite a bit of confusion when handing the sodas...to the wrong girls Laughing

oh my goood, it was so awesome!!! just watching sara was bringing tears to my eyes and...arrrgghh, got to leave for work in a few, shall write a few lines about the show on the weekend (not a review, no worries Wink )

for now, any of you guys making antwerp tonight - by plane, train or automobile Wink -and if you bring a camera, can you please take some nice pic of hesta and post it here...or on the northern state thread...or pm it to me??? pretty pretty please, i so love the red hair Very Happy

hesta was just...dope! Smile her show was a killer; i was talking to her for a few minutes between the sets, but i forgot to bring my camera / mobile, so i dont have a single picture and....ahhh, gotta leave, shall see if i might start a hesta thread on "other artists" on the weekend...

...please someone take a picture for me Smile
oli
oli

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post  plunk666 Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:40 am

i hope i can make pictures, on the site it says that cameras or not allowed, but i'm gonna try.

and i'll post a link somewhere as soon as i've uploaded them.
plunk666
plunk666

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2008-08-02

http://theparadox.be

Back to top Go down

Post  oli Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:59 pm

yay, gimme five *clap* Very Happy

seriously, thanks so much for trying; i'll be out of town for the rest of the week, in a more or less offline-situation, so i wont be back before saturday to say thank you

enjoy yourself / yourselves tonight, well...guess you already do by now Very Happy and let me know what you were thinking about hesta's show / her looks Wink am still wondering if it was just me, but it's been like the most powerful 30min-set i've seen in ages ...when she started "seven sisters" even one of those security bullies had to turn up front-stage to keep some guys from moshing, haha

aahhhh, feels like i didnt sleep for a week, so bye for now Smile
oli
oli

Back to top Go down

Post  plunk666 Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:23 pm

I have photos!

they weren't that strict about photos it seemed but i also got a photo pass from a friend, who got to interview them. so that was a plus.
during hesta's set i was right in front of the stage all the time and the sound wasn't that amazing, but i love her music. my friends who were sitting a bit farther from the stage said that the sound wasn't that good there either. Hesta looked amazing.

This was the best Tegan and Sara show i've been to!
plunk666
plunk666

Back to top Go down

Post  plunk666 Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:58 pm

plunk666
plunk666

Back to top Go down

Post  oli Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:51 am

happy birthday amanda Smile

Tegan and Sara - Page 5 BALLOONS

haha, i just noticed that

dude, you rock Very Happy thank you soooo much!!! cant wait to pick one for a new desktop background; it is just sad you could not see her wearing that pippi longstocking outfit from the night before in frankfurt...amazing would have been too weak a word Smile

ok, i'm on the kaki king forum, on a tegan and sara thread, speaking of hesta, could i be more off topic? shall tell about my...little moment with hesta on the northern state thread or a new thread tonight...just one thing..

if you did like northern state - go check her out

if you did not like northern state - go check her out even more Very Happy

if you make it to one of the shows, grab a copy of the "can we go wrong" ep, and see for yourself, unbelievably amazing stuff Cool

http://www.hestaprynn.com/ (still in the works, in parts)

Danke Frankfurt! You were amazing tonight! The cheering, the clapping, the singing! WE HAD SO MUCH FUN!!!!! xoxoxo

(theteganandsara on twitter, 2:53 jun21st)

...yes we were, haha, even though it's funny they are saying "danke frankfurt"; i've met dozens of wonderful people there, but there was hardly anyone from frankfurt amongst them, those guys were coming from all over the country, all over europe

...some impressions from the frankfurt gig, and on tegan and sara in general to follow whether tonight or tomorrow
oli
oli

Back to top Go down

Post  oli Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:32 am

...ggrrrrr, that fifa world cup is driving me nuts, am not into football/soccer at all, but there's a public viewing zone few steps from where i live, so it is hard to avoid somehow Rolling Eyes

but it's not so much that endless vuvuzela craze blowing my ears for the past two weeks, the more annoying side effect is all the people dropping in after the matches, seeing how oli does, having a beer...and use my toilet, so they dont have to queue up outside Laughing

today it's england vs germany, and i'm getting prepared to lock myself up this afternoon, so i can focus on this

laters
oli
oli

Back to top Go down

Post  plunk666 Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:48 am

i'm so happy Belgium is not playing, they suck to much for it Very Happy
i'm not a football/soccer-fan either

but it seems like the Germans are really into it all at the moment i was in Germany today and there where a lot of cars with flags waving from their windows.
plunk666
plunk666

Back to top Go down

Post  oli Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:00 pm

oli wrote:...somehow it's scary, how the girls at the tegan and sara shows all seem to look the same lately...last night two girls standing next to me asked me to get them a soda, when i was going for getting me a drink, and when i got back i must have missed the spot where i was standing before by a few meters, and i caused quite a bit of confusion when handing the sodas...to the wrong girls Laughing

haha, just re-read this, thanks for not banning me, but whether you think it's funny or not, we all know what i am talking about? Very Happy it's been my 19th tegan and sara show, and it's not such an extraordinary thing to find one self surrounded by tns clones all over the place, the most remarkable thing about it this time, was the fact that the sara-lookalikes clearly did outnumber their tegan counterparts by far; and all in all, it's been the best teeandess action i've seen in germany up to now... Very Happy

i've just been over to that .ca board to find a thread on that frankfurt gig, they have a setlist and yt links there, so it seems there's nothing much to add for me, as most of you guys on here seem to run an account over there anyway...just one thing....

...figure out some big shot-like superstar like...let's say bruce springsteen...he can easily run big parts of his show by doing like some "hit after hit" sequence, like doing "born in the usa", "cover me" and "dancing in the dark" in a row....tegan and sara, nowadays, can easily do the same, by doing like "the con", "speak slow" and "walking with a ghost" in a row, haha, just for example....they're really like..."superstars" these days, and...

i really do miss songs like "proud", "frozen" or "my number", but i can understand that those tunes were having their time and their relation, but they were just moving on as artists, so...even if it's sad.....aaaahhhhhh, tegan and sara, when did i first get into you??

so...let's go back, all the way back to...

Tegan and Sara - Page 5 Tands42

no, no, not that far back, ehm, rather like....

Tegan and Sara - Page 5 Yearbook

...closer, yes, but still...

Tegan and Sara - Page 5 Random_06

yay, haha, best match, they were looking like this, when i first "met" them Very Happy

...and never shall i forget the late summer of 2001, when....

*ding dong*

-hey oli, how are you, do you know sandra?

-hi sandra

-hi oli

-well, we've just been to the yards, why dont you just come on over joining us?

-...well, you know, it's not quite my cuppa tea, but....

-...and we were wondering if it'd be okay if we could ehm..

-sure come on in

Rolling Eyes haha, trust me, you wouldnt believe it; back in a few

oli
oli

Back to top Go down

Post  plunk666 Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:02 pm

you've been to 19 shows, i've only seen them 3 times (this means i've been to every show they did in Belgium except the show where they opened for the killers)
but i stood next to Lindsey when i was taking photos. So i've never heard them play any of the real old stuff live, but every show i've seen has been awesome!
plunk666
plunk666

Back to top Go down

Post  oli Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:27 pm

hey plunk, thanks for staying with me...nineteen shows, i apparently started to feel ..."old" Laughing

in late 2001 me and most of my pals were going to driving school, our moms and dads were paying for driving school lessons frequently, but of course me and my pals were ready to go way before exams, we "stole" our parents' cars at any given opportunity, getting ourselves drinks and a good smoke at the gas station....and it had been my turn to take the driver's seat that night, when suddenly that police car was to appear in the rear view mirror, making us nearly peeing our pants...

haha, but well, i was quite a good driver already, so we just kept on moving that direction, all the way to aschaffenburg (like 70 mins to drive from frankfurt) the filth keeping close behind, the bigger the distance they were following, the more nervous we got, so we were taking like a short stop exit from the motorway, full gear right down to those a'burg outskirts, and we could hear the siren starting to wail, when the officers must have taken an u-turn right on the road, to come up behind us

we were entering the next best parking lot, fled the car, hasting over to those premises...called the "unterfrankenhalle" and went inside, i cant recall if there was anybody charging us for getting inside, but we went inside there, instantly mixing with the people there...and even though i was feeling so afraid of getting into ..."real trouble", i just was....noticing these two guys on stage, holding a six string each...haha, believe it or not, it's a true story, those cops did grab us by our necks later on, and my best bud's mom (the car owner) never did speak a single word with me no more,

*another break*

-hey oli, dude, so nice to meet you, say why dont you come on over to...

Wink

oli
oli

Back to top Go down

Post  oli Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:42 pm

this is a screenshot of the first email they were ever sending/answering

Tegan and Sara - Page 5 Screenshot-2706201007_09_30a

haha, i could get sentimental over this, still wondering if "trash ed" happened to be sara or tegan, i tend to think it was sara, but those typos somehow remind me of tegan
oli
oli

Back to top Go down

Post  oli Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:40 pm

...of course they didnt make germany in the end, back then; but my missus finished college at about the same time, heading for london film school; so i managed to make it to nearly every single gig of their 2005 uk approach, from water rats, king's cross to 100 club at oxford st

there was this afternoon when i was dropping to that little park at soho square, to make the 100 club a few hrs later, and there was this bowling team from limerick ireland, haha, having their grand day out in london, they were carrying tote bags filled with new polo shirts, and a gallon of cidre mounted to their back each ..... Wink

...later on at the meet and greet, tegan told me to tell a really (!) dirty joke, if i wanted to make her smile for a picture..

...haha, can not repeat this here, but...the smile was there

Tegan and Sara - Page 5 Aftertheshow

dont you think? Laughing

*buddies dropping in; over and out for now*

'tis to be continued, as per usual Wink
oli
oli

Back to top Go down

Post  amanda.went.away Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:32 am

my_eric_life. wrote:
amanda.went.away wrote:OH POO.
Right after I move from Germany they come back!
araaaaa

where'd you move?!

oh fail, just seeing this.
California!
amanda.went.away
amanda.went.away
Admin

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-08-11

http://www.myspace.com/8911844

Back to top Go down