The Kaki King Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So. Ima need YOUR thoughts on the Mexican Teenagers EP.

+15
beatdown09
samee
f1l0
Claudia
Ashleh-Chan
clemens
Mythbuster9
JoeyMcChipmunk
paulb
therockingviking
psyentist25
amanda.went.away
plunk666
Sitzriese
Empress Ericka
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

So. Ima need YOUR thoughts on the Mexican Teenagers EP. - Page 2 Empty Re: So. Ima need YOUR thoughts on the Mexican Teenagers EP.

Post  therockingviking Tue May 05, 2009 2:11 am

that's pretty tight...post more songs!
therockingviking
therockingviking

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-02-21

http://therockingviking.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

So. Ima need YOUR thoughts on the Mexican Teenagers EP. - Page 2 Empty Re: So. Ima need YOUR thoughts on the Mexican Teenagers EP.

Post  Claudia Tue May 05, 2009 4:34 pm

Gauge both your eyes Nr 1 for me.
Nr 2 Lintoria.
Nr 3 Mexican teenagers

Maybe because I've heard these three played live, i don't know, but
if her music has to take a new direction, this is the right one. (Imho)

Anyway.. she might as well play lullabies, i'd still like her!
lol!

Nr 4 Vivian Leigh's veins
Nr 5 A long way...

Claudia

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Mythbuster9 Wed May 06, 2009 3:05 am

adimeff wrote:that's pretty tight...post more songs!

i have 2 more songs that only need recording, and some others more rockish and with lyrics..
Mythbuster9
Mythbuster9

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  f1l0 Tue May 12, 2009 8:52 pm

I hear two songs of the EP for the first time live in Naples and i like them so much!!

the next time i'll seat on a drums i have to try to play them with headphones very loud!!
f1l0
f1l0

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-19

http://f1l0.ilbello.com

Back to top Go down

Post  samee Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:45 pm

Mythbuster9 wrote:
paulb wrote:

"I don't know why, it was just a name. I think Mexican Teenagers are really fucking hip, and they know a lot about cool music and they wear really hip clothes."

well there i beg to differ, most of my friends only like crappy mainstream music all of the girls from my classroom are crazy about the "jonas brothers" and listen to this fucking shit called Reggaeton (that they dare to call music) and dress well not THAT hip(at least most of them)...

lulz, is guess we are like those Mexican Teenagers which Kaki are talking about Razz

greetings Mythbuster9, never saw you online :/
samee
samee

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-10-08

http://samyvalenz.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mythbuster9 Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:32 pm

samee wrote:

lulz, is guess we are like those Mexican Teenagers which Kaki are talking about Razz

greetings Mythbuster9, never saw you online :/

Mexican Teenagers For The Win! Cool
Mythbuster9
Mythbuster9

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Empress Ericka Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:06 pm

this post is greatness.
Empress Ericka
Empress Ericka

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-07-31

http://musicnerdery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  beatdown09 Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:42 pm

I really love the sound of the Baritone Guitar. I was listening to it with my friend and he thought there was a separate bass player. I told him no "thats all Kaki!" He was in awe, and so was I. Keep it coming!
beatdown09
beatdown09

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2010-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  beatdown09 Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:45 pm

Ashleh-Chan wrote:I though the ep was pretty awesome, she's all about experimentation right xD
Lintoria's my favourite track, and A Long Way To Go Before We Are Truly Danlike sounds almost space and futuristic like Smile
Does she use a baritone guitar on this ep by the way?

Yes she does. It sounds awesome! Doesn't it?
beatdown09
beatdown09

Back to top Go down

Post  beatdown09 Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:19 am

clemens wrote:I love the EP. Worst thing about it: it's only five songs. I want more! Razz

Yes! Surprised
beatdown09
beatdown09

Back to top Go down

Post  Kraftastic Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:07 am

I dug it almost immediately.

Kaki and Matt have an amazing chemistry together, on of my favorite moments ever is watching Kaki and Matt go crazy on These are the Armies of the Tyrannized in Boston after Until we felt red came out. The EP really made me relive that moment and lust for more of it.

When I saw Kaki on the Junior tour I was really disappointed Matt wasn't on tour with her.

Kraftastic

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2010-09-10

http://kraftastic.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diletta Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:10 am

Kraftastic wrote:I dug it almost immediately.

Kaki and Matt have an amazing chemistry together, on of my favorite moments ever is watching Kaki and Matt go crazy on These are the Armies of the Tyrannized in Boston after Until we felt red came out. The EP really made me relive that moment and lust for more of it.

When I saw Kaki on the Junior tour I was really disappointed Matt wasn't on tour with her.

Yeah, Kaki and Matt really have a great chemistry. Jordan is a really great drummer, but sometimes I'm not really quite sure his sound fits Kaki's sound. Especially for older stuff like ...Until We Fet Red songs..

However, I really love the EP, I bought it after hearing Mexican Teenagers, Lintoria and Gauge live at the Pistoia Blues. Kaki and Matt really rocked out, I loved the sound (and looks) of the Veillette Shark baritone guitar with the OCD overdrive...

Lintoria is definitely my fav one on the ep, Matt's flams are just irresistible! Oh, and don't forget Dan at the cowbell!! XD
Diletta
Diletta

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2010-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  neutral tones Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:43 pm

I love this EP so much. I hadn't listened to it in a few months, then one night I was at my brother's place... he had it on his ipod so for some reason we put it on repeat for a few hours, had some drinks and a talk about life. It was the soundtrack to a major bonding moment so it'll be in my heart forever and ever. I think my favorite track is Vivian Leigh's Veins.

PS does anyone know where I can order a tangible copy?
neutral tones
neutral tones

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-10-01

http://www.sixheartsmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Howlsthunder Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:09 pm

clemens wrote:I love the EP. Worst thing about it: it's only five songs. I want more! Razz

I second that!

I got into instrumental rock years ago via Mogwai but as nice as atmosphere can be in music, I usually just want some serious rhythm, not long and drawn out pieces, so this EP totally hits the spot for me. Love it, love it, love it. I love the driving attitude of the first three tracks, I love the spaghetti-western infused "Vivian Leigh's Veins", I love the kind of vintage 70s rumble of "Gouge Both Your Eyes…", I love the space-age "A Long Way to Go…".

"Lintoria" is my favorite with its snappiness - the lead guitar is very lyrical to me, really singing out. "Mexican Teenagers" is a close second with its more smooth, reverby feel - love the rolling bass in the beginning. Mmm!
Howlsthunder
Howlsthunder

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://howlsthunder.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum