The Kaki King Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So. Ima need YOUR thoughts on the Mexican Teenagers EP.

+15
beatdown09
samee
f1l0
Claudia
Ashleh-Chan
clemens
Mythbuster9
JoeyMcChipmunk
paulb
therockingviking
psyentist25
amanda.went.away
plunk666
Sitzriese
Empress Ericka
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So. Ima need YOUR thoughts on the Mexican Teenagers EP. Empty So. Ima need YOUR thoughts on the Mexican Teenagers EP.

Post  Empress Ericka Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:01 am

come one
come all
please share in this post.

understand that most of this will get back to K
so be measured with your thoughts.

hollar.
Empress Ericka
Empress Ericka

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-07-31

http://musicnerdery.com/

Back to top Go down

So. Ima need YOUR thoughts on the Mexican Teenagers EP. Empty Re: So. Ima need YOUR thoughts on the Mexican Teenagers EP.

Post  Sitzriese Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:29 am

Phew. I start with my general opinion without going into the specific Tracks.

First of all i like it a lot...hmm nah i love it. I don't get to listen to many instrumental (rock) tunes these days. Therefor i'm thankful Kaki, Matt and Dan made this EP.
Dan's EVI is a fascinating instrument and full of interesting sounds.
Matt is a beast of a drummer.
And Kaki plays just wonderful. These guitar parts make me shiver here and there and i paint images along them in my mind. At the same time there's so much energy in them.
But LIVE...oh my god. You have to listen to it live if u got the chance. The shit makes you burst cause they build in all these little finals that make you wanna explode.

Ok maybe i come back writing about the songs in specific. But i doubt it since this always makes me lose the feeling of the song a bit when i think too much about it.

But here's my top5 list (still can change with time!).

1. Lintoria
2. Vivian Leigh's Veins
3. A Long Way To Go Before We Are Truly Danlike
4. Gouge Both Your Eyes Out (But Eat Only One)
5. Mexican Teenagers.

Greetings
Sitzriese
Sitzriese

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

So. Ima need YOUR thoughts on the Mexican Teenagers EP. Empty Re: So. Ima need YOUR thoughts on the Mexican Teenagers EP.

Post  plunk666 Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:06 pm

I love it, I've bought it today and listened to it 4 or 5 times.
plunk666
plunk666

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2008-08-02

http://theparadox.be

Back to top Go down

Post  amanda.went.away Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:31 pm

ahh i love it.
it's different from her other songs..
amanda.went.away
amanda.went.away
Admin

Number of posts : 351
Registration date : 2008-08-11

http://www.myspace.com/8911844

Back to top Go down

Post  plunk666 Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:47 pm

yeah, that's true
i'm listening again to it right now and in my opinion its more rock-y than her other work
i think that's why i've listened to it so much today and it goes with the good weather
plunk666
plunk666

Back to top Go down

Post  amanda.went.away Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:53 pm

^yes! exactly! and i agree about the weather! i was listening to it in my car with the window down...very amazing.
amanda.went.away
amanda.went.away
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  plunk666 Thu Apr 02, 2009 1:59 pm

i wanted to do that too but, i didn't have it with me so i just listened to some older stuff
plunk666
plunk666

Back to top Go down

Post  psyentist25 Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:17 pm

There isn't much music Kaki could make that I wouldn't adore, assuming it was only of the same quality and sincerity as she usually provides. The Mexican Teenagers EP sounds very obviously like a jam session with Matt Hankle (with a side of Dan Brantigan), and I couldn't be happier to have come across it. I like when I can't predict the next sound I'll hear from an artist I admire, also assuming they don't pull a goddamn Jenny Lewis on me. With both this EP and the Day Sleeper EP, you can still feel that it's Kaki behind all those new sounds and instruments - I don't think she'd know how to hide herself if she had to, thank god. But it's hard to feel where Mexican Teenagers fits in amongst her library so far. I don't really care whether or not it does because I still like it, and it sounds like she had fun making it. That's all that really matters in the end, I think.
psyentist25
psyentist25

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Empress Ericka Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:51 am

Sitzriese wrote:Phew. I start with my general opinion without going into the specific Tracks.

1. Lintoria
2. Vivian Leigh's Veins
3. A Long Way To Go Before We Are Truly Danlike
4. Gouge Both Your Eyes Out (But Eat Only One)
5. Mexican Teenagers.

Greetings

lintoria is killing it.
matt is officially the truth and the future.
Empress Ericka
Empress Ericka

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-07-31

http://musicnerdery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  therockingviking Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:21 pm

My copy just came in two days ago, and I've already listened to it several times. I just can't get over how versatile she is. I think I like Vivian Leigh's Veins the best, then A Long Way To Go..., but they're all really good. I think her LP's are a lot stronger though, but that's generally how EPs go. Both Mex. Teen. and Day Sleeper have a lot less dimension/variety than her full albums. She seems to be using these EP's as a space to experiment, so I'm excited to see what she'll put on her next LP. Plus, at least on Day Sleeper, there was a lot of stuff that she had been sitting on for awhile like I Burst or They Loved It in Italy that really needed to get out there. Anyways, it's a good appetizer for what's to come, I think...
therockingviking
therockingviking

Number of posts : 473
Registration date : 2009-02-21

http://therockingviking.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  paulb Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:04 am

At the concert in Amsterdam Kaki said about the new EP:

"I'm not saying it is great, I'm saying it is ok"

and about the title:

"I don't know why, it was just a name. I think Mexican Teenagers are really fucking hip, and they know a lot about cool music and they wear really hip clothes."

Anyway I think that this EP is a kind of way to espress herself after the somewhat "commercial" Dreaming of Revenge. It sounds almost like it was played live in the studio and certainly has that feeling.
I never heard that nasty guitarsound before of her. I surely hopt the next album is a trio cd with Matt and Dan. They really can fire her up! GREAT STUFF!

So. Ima need YOUR thoughts on the Mexican Teenagers EP. L_1edea30fdd454e42ad4bf0172a21021f

Last edited by paulb on Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:55 am; edited 3 times in total
paulb
paulb

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-04-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sitzriese Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:17 am

I talked to her after the concert in Hamburg. I asked her if this stuff is something in between something that she just felt like doing. And she was like: "yeah, you got it man". But i bet she won't drop doing these things and i hope she won't. She still has got much more sound in her Smile Read she bought a new piano... Wink
Sitzriese
Sitzriese

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post  JoeyMcChipmunk Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:03 pm

i really have a disposition for it.
maybe i'll grow to like it.
JoeyMcChipmunk
JoeyMcChipmunk

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2008-11-09

https://facebook.com/joeymcchipmunk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mythbuster9 Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:50 pm

paulb wrote:

"I don't know why, it was just a name. I think Mexican Teenagers are really fucking hip, and they know a lot about cool music and they wear really hip clothes."

well there i beg to differ, most of my friends only like crappy mainstream music all of the girls from my classroom are crazy about the "jonas brothers" and listen to this fucking shit called Reggaeton (that they dare to call music) and dress well not THAT hip(at least most of them)...
Mythbuster9
Mythbuster9

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  clemens Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:39 am

I love the EP. Worst thing about it: it's only five songs. I want more! Razz

clemens

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-12-29

Back to top Go down

Post  amanda.went.away Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:51 am

Mythbuster9 wrote:
paulb wrote:

well there i beg to differ, most of my friends only like crappy mainstream music all of the girls from my classroom are crazy about the "jonas brothers" and listen to this fucking shit called Reggaeton (that they dare to call music) and dress well not THAT hip(at least most of them)...

Gotta agree with Jorge, my cousins and their friends in mexico listen to mainstream too...
amanda.went.away
amanda.went.away
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  therockingviking Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:46 am

Well maybe she just named it after Mythbuster, haha.
therockingviking
therockingviking

Back to top Go down

Post  amanda.went.away Tue Apr 21, 2009 1:55 am

Laughing Laughing
amanda.went.away
amanda.went.away
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mythbuster9 Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:45 am

adimeff wrote:Well maybe she just named it after Mythbuster, haha.

that would be just freaking awesome lol
i did posted a comment on her myspace telling her like me and my drummer friend are mexican and teenagers and this is our music and stuff (refering to that uncensored interview where she said she wanted to know what 15, 16, 17 year olds music was like )

and like 5 months later i find out about the EP and i was just amazed...
but i dont really think thats the reason...
Mythbuster9
Mythbuster9

Back to top Go down

Post  Mythbuster9 Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:47 am

amanda.went.away wrote:
Gotta agree with Jorge, my cousins and their friends in mexico listen to mainstream too...

right? and worse: MEXICAN mainstream wich is fucking lamer
Mythbuster9
Mythbuster9

Back to top Go down

Post  therockingviking Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:00 pm

Does your band have a myspace or something? I'm kinda curious about your music.
therockingviking
therockingviking

Back to top Go down

Post  Ashleh-Chan Mon May 04, 2009 8:17 am

I though the ep was pretty awesome, she's all about experimentation right xD
Lintoria's my favourite track, and A Long Way To Go Before We Are Truly Danlike sounds almost space and futuristic like Smile
Does she use a baritone guitar on this ep by the way?
Ashleh-Chan
Ashleh-Chan

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Mythbuster9 Tue May 05, 2009 12:17 am

adimeff wrote:Does your band have a myspace or something? I'm kinda curious about your music.

whose band?
Mythbuster9
Mythbuster9

Back to top Go down

Post  therockingviking Tue May 05, 2009 1:15 am

your music, i meant
therockingviking
therockingviking

Back to top Go down

Post  Mythbuster9 Tue May 05, 2009 2:07 am

adimeff wrote:your music, i meant

oh i didnt knew who you meant www.myspace.com/olivetheory Laughing
Mythbuster9
Mythbuster9

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum