The Kaki King Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Intensely emotional Kaki moments

+4
slam_metal_puppet
my_eric_life.
sleepykitty
Black-pear-tree
8 posters

Go down

Intensely emotional Kaki moments Empty Intensely emotional Kaki moments

Post  Black-pear-tree Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:48 am

heres a place to share stories of anytime that Kaki music has been playing at a significant part of your life, a really happy moment, a really sad moment, anything. If she was somehow there when you were feeling this way share it.

I'll begin. Ummmmmm two really personal moments happened today while listening to Kaki while on smoke breaks from writing this big art criticism paper i have to do right now.

I went down outside of my building and lit up and 2 O'clock came on. And I've always really liked this song but today was really different. It was warm and humid and raining and i was just sitting there inhaling and exhaling and I just became aware of how introspective these lyrics and musical dynamic are to me at this point in life simply because I've been involved in a very tangled and unrequited love afair for several years with someone who I'm very close with and now cannot see because she's travelling the world and it made me burst into tears. just right there sitting infront of my building.

The second was just about half an hour ago when I went out for another cigarette break and i decided I wanted to listen to Night After Sidewalk as the sun rose and it was still raining and i just felt very at home and as if i had some sort of connection to the world around me.

I don't know if this is sharing too much but it's just something I wanted to get out at this point.

Share if you want to!
Black-pear-tree
Black-pear-tree

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Back to top Go down

Intensely emotional Kaki moments Empty Re: Intensely emotional Kaki moments

Post  sleepykitty Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:20 am

Well here's mine, not so emotional but it also involves Night After Sidewalk

I was on my routine hour-ling train ride from school and had my mp3 player on shuffle. Normally I would have a book with me but on that day I didn't bring one to read. So I was people-watching when Night After Sidewalk went on. I glanced to the side and there was this couple with their shoulders propped against the side of the train. The girl's back was leaning against the guy's front and the guy had his arms wrapped around her waist. They were gazing out of the windows of the train doors.

I felt that that scene was perfect for that song. A part of me was happy for them, that they've found a soulmate and maybe someone to settle down with. Another part of me was wondering whether I would eventually find my soulmate. My last relationship ended 3 years ago and it was an emotionally abusive and draining one. I've been afraid of committing myself ever since.

sleepykitty

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-05-15

http://kamal-kamal-kamal.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  my_eric_life. Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:56 pm

i know i've said this a lot but 'you don't have to be afraid' saved me from suicide 2 and years ago. I was walking through a parking lot extremely down on myself and hopeless, when the song came on and i listened to the words. i had this a-ha moment like 'wow, kaki really gets it!'. and from there i started telling myself i didn't have to be afraid of the pain inside me.
my_eric_life.
my_eric_life.

Number of posts : 488
Registration date : 2008-04-28

http://myspace.com/mahsingo

Back to top Go down

Intensely emotional Kaki moments Empty Lovestoned

Post  slam_metal_puppet Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:20 am

so anyway back story, about a year ago my Best friend,Adam, disappeared, I was distraught and didn't know where he was living or if he died or anything like that because he had some suicidal tendencies, So for next year i was really depressed about him just leaving and not telling me cause i really cared about him.

Then about 2 weeks ago I'm listening to a burned Kaki king cd, her cover of lovestoned is playing and I'm parking in the wal-mart parking lot and there he is walking inside and i was just stunned so i got a out a sprinted to him pretty much tackling him into doors, the funny thing was is that i didn't even turn off the car and i left the door hanging open the music blaring loudly out of the car.
slam_metal_puppet
slam_metal_puppet

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Empress Ericka Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:06 am

i love this post.
thats all i wanted to say.
Empress Ericka
Empress Ericka

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-07-31

http://musicnerdery.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Howlsthunder Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:35 pm

Wow, these are some powerful moments. I think sometimes we forget how music really wraps itself around us and threads into our lives.

I don't have any particular moments but Kaki's music has been very important to me lately over the past two months. Very long story short, I live with both my mom and sister - they both lost their jobs much earlier in the year and all the bills fell to me to keep us afloat. Then my mom ended up with breast cancer. I had to stop paying my own student loans in order to buy the necessities but it got to the point where we are having to sell our home or lose it, which we are in the process of doing while we camp out at various other family members' homes. In the meantime, my only shining light in the darkness was this girl I'd known for years - we'd struck up a very close connection (and I fell in love) though she was living on the other side of the continent. I had a free ticket and was going to go visit her for awhile and we'd see for sure if we were meant to be. I was SO sure we were, then 3 days before I was to leave she calls me to tell me she'd "met someone".

Funny how broken hearts can seem to outweigh much more tangibly serious problems like homelessness, hunger, and illness. I'd put all my happiness eggs in one basket, and in losing that basket I had a serious breakdown. What has been the toughest reminder is that I'd shared SO much music with this girl that most of it hurts too much to listen to right now.

Somehow Kaki's music escaped that. She's one of 3-ish artists I can listen to with no connection to the heartbreak. When I'd read that both "Dreaming of Revenge" and "Junior" were kind of "breakup" albums, I paid closer attention to them and they helped ground me in the reality that I'm not the only one to have her heart broken. It can feel that way, but like she said on …Until We Felt Red, "You don't have to be afraid of the pain inside you". (I'd like to know one day what led Kaki to write that lyric).

It also helps when I play "Sunnyside" on my guitar and REALLY bite out the "Yeah I fucked up good and well and you put me through fucking hell". *ahem* Smile Seriously, though, I am really glad Kaki chose to share that song and other similar moments with the world via her music.
Howlsthunder
Howlsthunder

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-12-27

http://howlsthunder.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  neutral tones Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:55 pm

I might've already posted this story somewhere on the board already but here it is again... this one night my brother and I stayed up all night just hanging out and having drinks and talking about life. Really just listening to each other, it was a great moment. Anyway for about the last 3 hours of it we had Mexican Teenagers EP on repeat and it was perfect.
neutral tones
neutral tones

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2010-10-01

http://www.sixheartsmusic.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mythbuster9 Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:48 am

Howlsthunder wrote:"You don't have to be afraid of the pain inside you". (I'd like to know one day what led Kaki to write that lyric).

I'm not Kaki but i read somewhere that she wrote that because of the constant stomachaches she has.
Smile
Mythbuster9
Mythbuster9

Number of posts : 201
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down